My daughter set the alarm for 6:47 this morning to start our breakfast surprise. Not sure why we had to wake at exactly 6:47 but she was very excited about it. We squeezed some fresh orange juice, made eggless blueberry pancakes, and sliced some cantaloupe.
Since we had so many orange peels, we decided to sprinkle some orange zest and honey over the blueberries for extra flavor. Everything was delicious and the Superman trophy card from Publix was a huge hit. I love the musical cards.
The recipe for the eggless pancakes is from Cooks.com. You will never know they are eggless.
FLUFFY EGGLESS PANCAKES
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon butter
1) Combine dry ingredients and mix slightly. Add milk, oil, water, and vanilla. Whisk together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix – it should still be slightly lumpy. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. While pan is heating, add butter. As soon as the butter is melted, add melted butter to pancake batter.
3) Return pan to stove and stir butter into batter.
4) When pan is hot, with a measuring cup or ladle, pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake.
5) Cook until bubbles form on the surface. Add blueberries tossed in honey and orange zest at this point. Carefully flip pancakes with turner/spatula and cook until golden brown.
Note: This recipe also works well with whole wheat flour. Chopped fruit, nuts or chocolate chips can be added to batter before cooking for a unique treat. Submitted by: Dawn Linke
Happy Father’s Day!