Everyone will think you are a chef with this one. It is amazing. My husband said it tastes like a sandwich from Star Provisions which is a huge compliment.
Not only is it delicious, it is very good for your skin and body. This sandwich has onions cooked in wine, fresh rosemary encrusted chicken, hearth wheat bread and garlicky gruyere cheese. Sprinkle some nutritional yeast under the cheese for the nutty flavor and the skin glowing B vitamins.
You can always buy a roasted chicken if you lack the time but I highly recommend roasting your own. The smell of the roasting chickens will fill the house and make your mouth water. Here is how you Roast the chickens.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mince some fresh garlic (about 2 cloves) and thinly slice the gruyere cheese. Get a pinch of rosemary salt and nutritional yeast.
2) Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top of the hearth wheat bread slices. I prefer the taste of the certified organic, unfiltered, cold pressed olive oil from Nunez De Prado. Cook for two minutes and flip.
3) Sprinkle a little garlic, Back to Organic rosemary french grey salt, and a pinch of nutritional yeast (optional but highly recommended), and put 3 slices of gruyere cheese on each piece of bread.
4) Bake for 5 minutes and then turn the broiler on high to lightly brown the cheese. It will be so bubbly and gooey.
5) Take 2 pieces of bread. Add some roasted chicken and a lettuce leaf to create a sandwich. Serve hot.
6) Serve with a glass of 2010 Mas Des Dames, Grenache Blanc, Languedoc, France
“Mas Des Dames “farm of the Ladies”, One plot has whitish limestone soils rich i fossilized seashells that is ideal for making a fresh, mineral-driven Grenache blanc. If you want to see what kind of character Grenache Blanc is capable of, you would be hard-pressed to find a better example than this. Aromas of hay and almonds are underpinned by a streak of minerality that lingers on the palate with lip-smacking presence. The particular soil that nourishes this 2.5-acre parcel is integral to the wine, and permits the vines to retain a high level of natural acidity in its grapes despite full malolactic fermentation.” Perrine
Why you want to eat this!
This is packed with protein, calcium, B vitamins, and anti-inflammatory properties from the rosemary, garlic, and olive oil. The wheat bread is a much better option than classic white. Your blood sugars will be more stable and you are getting more usable and lasting carbohydrates. Add some Calm to your nightly routine so the magnesium will help your body convert all the carbs and protein to energy for your muscles. Plus, you will sleep better and your body will feel satisfied.
Landria from stiritup.me told me about the nutritional yeast this past weekend when we were having a conversation about the possible lack of B vitamins in gluten free diets. She recommended the nutritional yeast since it is rich in B vitamins and tastes so good. You should check out her site. We love her lettuce wrap recipe.