For all the hard-working moms on your special day, I hope you get to sleep in and enjoy breakfast in bed, curl up with that book you have been dying to read, and open that little something you have wanted for the past two years. You deserve a day of pampering.
Here are some humorous quotations about the joys of motherhood to make you smile.
- “The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents.” John J. Plomp
- “Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age.” William Feather, The Business of Life, 1949
- “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- “It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn’t.” Barbara Kingsolver
- “Men are what their mothers made them.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” Oscar Wilde
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
- “Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.” Aristotle
- “Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children.” Sam Levenson
- “Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.” Ambrose Bierce
- “A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.” Author Unknown
- “Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.” Marilyn Penland
And on a serious note…. ”If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” Attributed to Claudia Ghandi
Have a wonderful day!