This will be your new favorite drink for spring! So light, refreshing, and effervescent. It reminds me of a Bellini but a little sweeter. My kids loved it so much they begged me to make another batch.
I would serve this sparkling lemonade at a picnic, little girl’s birthday party or a baby shower. Now you have a naturally pink drink for everyone to enjoy. Use sparkling water for the kids and mom-to-be and Prosecco for the cocktail lovers. They will want this lemonade more than the mimosas!
This recipe does not require any cooking. All you need to do is wash and hull the strawberry stems. It takes less than five minutes to make this sweet drink.
1) Wash and remove the stems from the strawberries. About 1 pound of strawberries.
2) Toss the strawberries, 1 cup of water, half of 12 ounce container of organic lemonade, and 1 heaping tablespoon of cane sugar into a blender. Purée and taste; add more sugar if needed.
3) Add 2 cups of chilled sparkling water or Prosecco and blend together. Pour into fun champagne flutes to celebrate an occasion or simple mason jars for a old-fashioned, casual get together. Enjoy!
Note: If you are serving non alcoholic and alcoholic drinks at a party, make the lemonade purée and set aside. For the non alcoholic drinks, add several cubes of ice, about 1/4 cup of sparkling water and then pour in the purée. Mix well. You should have about 4 glasses per batch depending on the amount of ice. For the Prosecco lemonade, the ice is not recommended as long as the Prosecco is chilled. Pour in the 1/4 cup Prosecco and then add the purée. Be prepared for some fizz!
Perrine’s Wine Shop recommended this Prosecco for a surprise anniversary party and since everyone loved it so much, I decided to try it in this Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade recipe. This Borgoluce Prosecco paired perfectly.
The Ultimate Cookbook
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: None
3 cups quartered strawberries
1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, undiluted
2 cups sparkling water, chilled
Combine strawberries, cold water and sugar in a blender. Process until smooth. Combine strawberry puree and concentrate in a pitcher and stir until lemonade dissolves. Add sparkling water; pour over ice. Yield: 6 servings
Why You Want to Drink This!
- Studies are showing if you eat strawberries at least 3 times a week you will get some amazing health benefits.
- Strawberries can support your cardiovascular system and prevent heart disease, improve your regulation of blood sugar, prevent certain types of cancer including breast, cervical, colon and ESOPHAGEAL.
- The phytonutrients may be the reason inflammatory markers like C-reative protein (CRP) lower after continuous consumption.
- Remember to eat ORGANIC berries since they are so heavily sprayed with pesticides.